“If I walk outside without lipstick, I feel naked” – Sofia Vergara.
I mean, most of us agree with her. Isn’t it? Lipsticks have become a staple product for every woman out there. According to a survey, more than 80% of women wear lipstick regularly and spend thousands of bucks on this makeup product every year. A woman’s makeup kit without lipstick? Say what? Nah, a woman can never go out of lipstick, whether she is a makeup lover or not. Undoubtedly, it is one of the bestselling items in the makeup industry, as ‘Bold and Bossy’ is what we all wanna be. And that’s where liquid lipsticks come to play. Let’s take a look at it.
Liquid Lipstick: What is it?
Liquid lipstick is a particular type of lipstick formula that is watery in texture. It has the same pigment as lipstick and the same sheen of lip-gloss. These types of lipsticks are highly pigmented and have a thin consistency.
They usually come in a tube form with an inbuilt wand for application. While these lipsticks only require a single coat, they are also too easy to carry. In addition, they stay for long-long hours and are mess-free.
As the name says, liquid, but there are many options for it. Liquid lipsticks come in various types and finishes. Choosing one among all can be tricky if you have no prior knowledge. Hence, we are here to help.
Type of Liquid Lipstick Finishes
From creamy to matte, liquid lipsticks are available in various options. Let’s check out.
Creamy Liquid Lipstick
This liquid lipstick comes with a buttery texture. These lipsticks are for those who like their lipstick not to dry out their lips. However, creamy lipsticks put a little shine on your lips and are equally pigmented.
Satin Liquid Lipstick
Satin lipsticks come somewhere between creamy and matte ones. The liquid formula is so that it doesn’t dry out the lips as matte ones but is not as buttery in texture as creamy ones.
Matte Liquid Lipstick
It is a matte liquid lipstick that provides an opaque look. These lipsticks are highly pigmented and are best if you are up for a bold look. It stays for long hours with a single application, but it can dry out your lips.
Based on the finishes, these are the types available in the market. Some more options are also available depending on the quality and price of the product. Let us see.
Transfer-proof Liquid Lipstick
As the name suggests, this liquid lipstick formula is such that it doesn’t glide somewhere else. As a result, it’s quite a popular choice among customers.
Vegan Liquid Lipstick
Cruelty-free products are the newest star launch on the market. These lipsticks are not made from any animal-derived ingredients and thus allow you to do your makeup guilt-free.
Pros and Cons of Liquid Lipsticks
Now, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of Liquid Lipstick.
Pros of Liquid Lipstick
- Highly pigmented: These lipsticks are filled with pigments and give a punch of colours when applied to the lips.
- Transfer proof: These lipsticks do not glide to other places and are smudge-proof.
- Stays for long hours: It stays on your lips for a long time. Hence, no worry about fading out.
- Requires a single coat: Once applied, applied. It doesn’t need any extra application.
- There is no need for an extra lip liner: Like stick ones, these lipsticks don’t require a lip liner to outline your lips.
- Minimal touch-ups required
Cons of Liquid Lipstick
- Can dry out the lips sometimes: Long-lasting liquid lipsticks can make your lips dehydrated.
- Can be hard to apply: You might find it challenging to apply liquid lipstick if you’re new to makeup. Making a perfect shape like that of your lip is the tricky part.
- Difficult to get off: Yes, they are hard to remove. Waterproof liquid lipsticks need an oil-based makeup remover to wipe off.
Best Ways to Apply Liquid Lipstick
It can be a bit tricky to apply liquid lip colour. However, these are the following steps you can follow:
- Start by scrubbing your lips. Yes, it all starts with skincare. Scrubbing removes the dead cells and makes the lips smooth.
- Use a lip balm for moisturising.
- Now, you can outline your lip with a liner. However, it’s not a mandatory step.
- Once you outline your lips, start applying the lip colour from the centre with the brush.
- Follow the outline and go on with your applicator brush.
And your perfect lip is right here.
How to Remove Liquid Lipstick
While applying the liquid ones sounds tricky, removing them is also tricky. But we are here with the perfect method.
- Take a cotton pad and put a few drops of micellar water on it.
- If you don’t have micellar water, use any baby oil or coconut oil.
- Now put the cotton on your lips and simply wipe it off.
Some of the Best Liquid Lipstick Brands
Here are some liquid lipstick brands you should consider.
- Sugar cosmetics
- Loreal Paris
As we have decoded all about liquid lipsticks, you can check out a few on Health & Glow.