What is an ISO extension for a file?
ISO files often referred to as disc image files, can be described as full copies of the contents that are on an optical disc like a CD, or DVD. These files are more than folders and files They also contain crucial information regarding the file system and its structure. ISO files are typically utilized to make backup disks or distribute software programs. They are an alternative to actual discs that allow users to use software without the need to boot discs or CDs. WinZip is a simple and user-friendly ISO extractor. Find out how to decompress ISO files using the steps below.
How do you open ISO files?
- The .iso file to your desktop. If the compression file has been downloaded via a website the file may be saved to the Downloads folder of your Documents directory or the User directory.
- Launch WinZip via your Start menu. Or, you can use it as a desktop shortcut. You can open the compressed file by selecting”File > Open. If your system is equipped with the extension for compressed files that is associated to the WinZip program, simply double-click the file.
- Choose all the folders and files within this compressed folder. Select only the folders or files you’d like to open by pressing the CTRL key while left-clicking them.
- Click 1 click Unzip, then select Unzip to Cloud or PC in the WinZip toolbar beneath the tab Unzip/Share.
- Choose the folder in which you wish where you want to save the extracted files, then click the “Unzip” button.
- You now know how to extract ISO files. Find the extracted ISO files in the destination folder.
It is possible to open ISO files using Windows or Mac
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
WinZip Mac 9
- Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10
- Intel 64-bit processor
- Supports Displays with Apple Retina
Download WinZip right now to launch the ISO file(s) for Windows Then, you can enjoy everything that the world’s most renowned compression tool offers which includes the most simple and most effective encryption, file compression packaging, management of files and backup of data capabilities.