Last Updated on February 12, 2023 by admin
IELTS: All You Need to Know for Success
Competitive exams with flying colors are an important part of the application process if you want to study abroad. Especially those that are needed to prove your knowledge of a certain language spoken in the country where you want to study. One such mandatory language proficiency exam is IELTS. Here are some facts about IELTS as you need to know for success with some tips and guidance by study abroad consultants.
Yes, you landed on the right page! Today we are going to give you an overview of the IELTS exam! But before that.
Crack IELTS with Flying Colors
Competitive exams with flying colors are an important part of the application process if you want to study abroad. Especially those that are needed to prove your knowledge of a certain language spoken in the country where you want to study. One such mandatory language proficiency exam is IELTS.
Professional Help for IELTS
IELTS coaching will guide you to study with the best study material along with some tips which will help you to crack the IELTS test in 1 attempt. But the main question is where to start with. Yes, India has many IELTS coaching and chooses the correct one. In India, Jaipur has the best IELTS preparation centers like Meridean Overseas Education Consultants. So, go for the best IELTS coaching in Jaipur for professional guidance.
Yes, you landed on the right page! Today we are going to give you an overview of the IELTS exam! But before that…
What is IELTS?
- It is an English proficiency test.
- Have 2 formats: Academic IELTS and General IELTS.
- Academic IELTS is for those planning to study at a higher education level abroad.
- General IELTS focuses on social skills and workplace contexts.
- The test uses British English. It consists of 4 parts:
- It takes 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete the test. This includes the transfer time from one section to the next.
- The test is widely accepted in many thousands of institutions in more than 140 countries. However, each institution has its own requirements for test scores.
- After taking the test, you can then select up to 5 organizations where copies of your IELTS results will be sent free of charge.
IELTS Full Form
The full form of IELTS is International English Language Testing System.
Highlights of IELTS
- This section will provide you with an overview of the exam:
- Exam Name: IELTS
- Most Popular for study, work, and migration to English-speaking countries like Australia, New Zealand, and the UK.
- Also, accepted by USA & Canada
- Conducted by IDP Education Ltd.
- Mode of Exam: Computer and Paper – delivered test.
- IELTS fee: Rs. 15,500 for registration
- Score Range: On a scale of 1 (the lowest Score) to 9 (the highest Score)
Tips on IELTS preparation
You may be nervous before the exam. Here are some tips on exam preparation to help you prepare well and be confident on exam day.
- Take the practice test.
- Understand the format of the test.
- Keep in mind the time limits of the exam.
- Develop your English skills and exam strategies.
- Create an outline of the information presented while listening. Write main ideas, major points, and important details.
- Develop vocabulary.
- Use appropriate and clear English terms when writing.
- Practice planning and writing at least one essay on each topic
- Speak fluently or consistently in direct communication.