Lithium-Ion Battery Cycle Life: A Brief Overview

0
59

Understanding the typical battery cycle can further help us appreciate how lithium-ion batteries have revolutionized the course of modern technology.

Lithium ion battery cycle life is proven to be efficient and long-lasting compared to other types of battery cells on the market today. This is the reason why many manufacturing industries choose lithium-ion as their primary energy source when it comes to developing and designing new products.

Charge and Discharge

Different types of batteries have a certain number of charge and discharge cycles depending on what they are intended for. The number of charge and discharge cycles indicates how long a battery can keep performing before it’s finally ready to be disposed of. 

The lithium ion battery cycle life is highly influenced by the discharge depth which is the storage capacity that is utilized. A lithium-ion battery that discharges only 30% of its total energy capacity has a much longer cycle life than batteries that discharge 70%, leaving only 30% of its total energy.

Though many factors can generally affect the cycle life of a battery, different types of cells have their own discharge rates that can be calculated. Since most of us are using gadgets and devices within the advent of the digital era, deep-cycle batteries have been developed to keep up with the booming trend of new technologies. 

Unbeknownst to many, whenever we get a new electronic gadget and use up all the battery for the first time, it would never charge to its fullest capacity again. Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the battery can no longer be used again. You can always find more information regarding the life of your battery within the device manual itself. 

However, it’s always important to understand that the standard lithium ion battery cycle life is the number of cycles you take before you can charge the battery to more than 80% of its initial power capacity. In simple terms, the longevity of a battery depends on how often you use and recharge your gadget. This applies to different types of cells and even the ones that claim to be deep-cycle batteries. 

Understanding Deep Cycle Lithium Batteries

Lithium ion battery cycle life the energy cells are meant to sustain long periods of current and deliver long-lasting power to the device it was intended for. Deep cycle applications require more usable amp hours so they can sustain power longer without the need to be recharged.      

Typically the lithium ion battery cycle life of ones that are of deep cycle nature can last up to 10 years. This is also the main reason why the electric automotive industry is incorporating the best types of lithium-ion batteries into their new models. Lithium-ion batteries are also much lighter than the average battery which is why it doesn’t strain the car and can allow it to go for extra miles.

In terms of the modern lithium ion battery cycle life, cars can cover long distances without owners worrying too much about maintenance. Since these types of batteries are durable and long-lasting many renowned manufacturers today are incorporating them into their designs. This means that there is still a brighter future ahead for this technology to flourish. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here