Last Updated on February 12, 2023 by admin
A lot of sunshine and a never-ending stretch of sand are what make Jaisalmer’s desert an ideal allure for travellers. And what better way to appreciate the splendour than on a desert safari in Jaisalmer, the golden city? There are many things to do in Jaisalmer, from strolling the dunes to admiring the sight of traditionally adorned camels. It is an excellent destination for a trip to Rajasthan.
The vibrant nights are the heart and soul of Jaisalmer’s desert safari camp. Where you sway to the beat of local music and revel in the glory of the moment. Folk dance, traditional music, and the grand Rajasthani Thali characterize these nights.
Camel Safari: Take a ride on the desert ship.
The camel safari in Jaisalmer is the most sought-after activity when planning a desert safari in the dunes of the ‘golden city,’ as it includes all major attractions in the desert. Hold on to the hump of a camel as it takes you on a bumpy ride across the Thar.
The ride takes you to remote areas of the desert and shows you the best of the desert’s flora and fauna. You will also come across several settlements where the indigenous residents of the area live. Explore the vast riches of the desert and enjoy the picturesque sunset, ensuring that camel safari is the best desert safari in the world.
If you’re in a hurry, go on a short camel safari in Jaisalmer and explore the stunning dunes of Sam Desert. Prepare to see one of the most beautiful sunsets behind the dunes shortly after the ride. Arrive at the camp in the evening for a grand traditional welcome complete with aarti-tika and dhols. At your preferred Jaisalmer desert safari camp, enjoy a welcome drink as well as Rajasthani folk dance and music.
Camel safari attractions in Jaisalmer include:
- Enjoy the breathtaking sunrise, Kuldhara- an abandoned village, desert wildlife, an oasis, and a mystical sunset.
- Time required: A full day ride takes about 5-6 hours, which is usually divided into two sessions of camel safari, one in the morning and one in the evening. Because the afternoon is like a furnace, people often rest by the oasis in the afternoon.
- Sunset camel safari costs INR 1500 per person and up (dinner included)
- Overnight camel safari costs INR 1850 per person and up.
Jeep Safari: A ride through the brisk wind
The most popular activity in Jaisalmer, after camel safari, is jeep safari, which transports you over the Thar Desert’s undiscovered splendour with convenience and comfort. Jeeps, as opposed to camels, are faster and provide a more enjoyable ride through the glittering dunes.
The safari jeeps are typically 4x4s with an open top. It typically begins with a visit to the Fossil Park or Desert National Park, is followed by a stop at Sam Sand Dunes (detailed below), and finally takes visitors to Padholi Sanctuary while covering the best of what the area has to offer.
Attractions of a Jeep Safari in Jaisalmer include:
- The Fossil Park or Desert National Park, Sam Sand Dunes, Padholi Sanctuary, and spending the night in one of the households of the Padholi village. They are still unaffected by outside forces.
- Time spent:
5-6 a.m. to catch the sunrise
- Sunset time: 6-7 p.m.
- A jeep safari in Jaisalmer costs INR 1200 per person and up.
Desert safari tips in Jaisalmer
- Bring a hat, cap, or turban, as well as sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Cover up properly with a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, and sneakers or boots.
- Remember that the sun becomes hostile in the desert region.
- Keep your camera’s battery fully charged; there will be plenty of incredible shots to capture.
- Don’t forget to bring a torch, a towel, toilet paper, and a first-aid kit.
- Warm clothing for the night is required during the winter season.
Rajasthan and its desert areas have an unbreakable bond with camels. This tour is intended to familiarise visitors with this bond while also taking them to some of the remote villages surrounding Jaisalmer.
The majority of this tour will consist of desert camping and camel safaris. Visitors will experience the flamboyance of Thar Desert’s golden sands while camping in the desert and will also become acquainted with life in the desert.