If your charging port on iPhone isn’t working, there are a few things you can try before shelling out for a repair from Apple Inc. iPhone charging port problems can be fixed in just a few minutes, so give them a shot first.
Take the phone out of its case and restart it.
Restarting your phone is the first thing you should do if your phone is acting strangely. It’s true that the Lightning port doesn’t appear to be working either.
Depending on the model of your iPhone, you can restart it in various ways.
On the iPhone 5 series and earlier, as well as the first-generation iPhone SE:
- It’s best to keep the top button pressed.
- Wait a few seconds for the phone to turn off after you’ve dragged the slider.
- Hold down the top button until you see the Apple logo after turning the device off.
iPhone 6, 7, and 8 series, including the iPhone SE:
- The side button can be pressed and held.
- Wait a few seconds for the device to turn off after you’ve dragged the slider.
- Once the phone is turned off, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Newer models of the iPhone, such as the iPhone X and newer:
- Hold down the volume buttons and the side button at the same time.
- Give the phone a few seconds to shut down after dragging the slider that appears.
See also – Voicemail Stopped Working On My iPhone
Remove the Wallet
If your phone won’t charge, it’s possible that you have a new phone case.
As a result, the iPhone charging port’s working cable may not be able to conduct electricity properly because of the case’s small cutout at the bottom.
Set the iPhone to “Restart Automatically” mode.
A force restart can be used to jolt a snooze-inducing device back to life. It will remove a lot of the temporary files that are stored in the memory and completely reinstall the programme. Once the phone is turned off, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears.
Do try all these solutions before getting an iPhone charging port replacement.
If you’re interested in reading more about such troubleshooting topics emailspedia Is the place where you should land and go through the diverse range of topics.
See also – Recover Deleted Text Messages On iPhone