Last Updated on November 17, 2022 by Hooria Batool
Long hair is a blessing as well as an affliction. On the positive side, you’ll have many options in terms of hairstyles. However, it also means you’ll have more hair to manage, and that’s not always amusing. So, do you have any idea about a messy bun for long hair? In this article, you will learn in detail about these hairstyles such as a messy bun or long hair.
While it is true that updos are often given an awful rap because they are a mammoth step to take, they can be an excellent option for long hair! Who would think that growing hairstyles for long hair should be complicated? One of our favorite styles for hair with long lengths is messy buns. Yes, messy buns are ideal for those days when you aren’t able to do much with your hair, yet you need to pull yourself into a neat bun. Making a messy bun using long hair might seem like a challenge initially, but with the right attitude and tricks in your bag, it’s possible to get the look quickly.
Best 10 messy bun for long hair
1. High Messy Bun for long hair
One of our most loved things about a messy bun for long hair is that it is great for grimy hair. However, if your hair’s clean and you want to look professional, apply a dry shampoo spray or a texturizing spray.
- Step 1: The first step to making a high messy bun for long hair is turning your head upside upwards and then drawing your hair into an unfastened ponytail. You can make it as long or low as you’d prefer. Don’t comb your hair or fret about your hair being perfectly slicked back. Some bumps are fine.
- Step 2: Twist the hair, then spin it around the base of your ponytail, attempting to wrap around the bun. Make sure you take the tail after the process is completed.
- Step 3. Make sure to secure it using hair elastics and pins.
2. The Messy Bun with Bangs
A bang or bun looks unique regardless of how you go or wear it.
- Step 1: Make sure you pull all of your hair to create an overly long ponytail. If you don’t have bangs, choose a small portion of the ponytail, draw it outwards, and then wrap that ends in front of your brow, creating the illusion of a fringe. Then, secure the phase by putting pins at the top of your head.
- Step 2: Divide the remaining ponytail in half ponytail and then wrap both halves around themselves, creating an oversized bun. Attach the bun using Bobby pins that are all over the base.
- Step 3: Make use of iron with a flat surface to smooth out the fringe by bending the ends slightly. Combine the lots to create a smooth.
3. Fringed Donut Style
This one is a top pick on our adorable messy buns rankings. It’s an energy-packed mix that combines messy with donuts. Fringes. It’s as simple to make as it appears.
- Step 1: Make the ponytail wavy using hair donuts, wrap the final hair around it, then fix the donut using the help of a few pins.
- Step 2: Create some curls. Wrap them around the hair donut until it is fully covered, and pin each loop as you move across.
- Step 3: Hairstyles for the side of your hair to ensure that the preferred style is attained. Hair that isn’t cooperating can be secured by using decorative pins or hair spray.
4. Half-up messy bun for long hair
The half-up messy bun for long hair is the ultimate symbol of elegance. However, If you’re not sure how to achieve it, you could look messy quickly. This is how you can master the timeless look.
- Step 1: Please start the half-up messy bun for long hair with the portion of your hair that is the pinnacle leaving the bang region and pulling it back to create a ponytail. Utilizing your fingertips, gently comb the top of the section to make one cohesive piece, and then fix your ponytail using an elastic.
- Step 2: Take the phase-out gently you’ve just put in place to create more size and create a beautiful, messy look.
- Step 3: Twist the ponytail, then twist it around itself to form the appearance of a bun. Attach it using the help of Bobby’s pins.
- Step 4: Then, slowly break your bun up and secure it with pins when you need to make a big messy bun for long hair.
5. The High Messy Ponytail Bun
Hairstyles like the High Messy Ponytail Bun are among the most recent hairstyles. This hairstyle offers an elegant African look. However, it’s also a great hairstyle for any event.
- Step 1: Use Spray bottles stuffed with water. Spray the hair’s dry parts. Make use of your hands to untangle.
- Step 2: Apply the Eco hairstyle Gel to the edges of the front and back of your hair. To keep it soft, then pull your hair straight into a ponytail.
- Step 3: Make sure your bun is tightly packed using an elastic band. Make use of bobby pins to secure the hair strands.
- Step 4: Take an available toothbrush to your hair, and lay your edges.
6. A messy top knot
The messy top knot is the most effective way to add some flair to your hairstyle.
- Step 1: Create a ponytail. Perform it over your head. After you have tidied your ponytail, apply the mousse to your ponytails, keeping it from your scalp’s hair. It is also possible to employ a comb for backcombing to give it more texture.
- Step 2: Make a ponytail, tie it over the bottom, pins and teasing it as you go.
- Step 3: Tuck the ends under your bun, and then tease out a few more waves and curls to create a border around your face. An elegant finish.
7. Bouffant Bun
The French phrase “Bouffant” undoubtedly references the high quantity that women like in their hair. It is especially relevant If you have thin and weak hair and think it appears dull and lacks a lot of volumes.
- Step 1: Start through combing hair with a broad-teeth comb. Be sure to get rid of knots before entering into the bun style.
- Step 2: Then, use your fingers to comb your hair to create a phase. You must draw a horizontal line that runs from one to the other before separating the hair on the front.
- Step 3: Clip the front portion. Begin by working by letting the hair section fall back. You can then take the remainder of the hair and create the ponytail. The ponytail should be wrapped around to make a messy bun.
- Step 4: Unclip part of the hair in front, split it into sections, and cut it into two sections until you are left with four teams. Backcomb is one of your bottom quarters. Place it under and over the bun. Make sure to secure it using a Bobby pin. The exact process is done for the other bottom quarter.
- Step 5: Now, play with one of the entire pinnacle quarters, then slide it across your head. Then, turn around before returning up. Repeat the same process to the pinnacle quarter that you just completed.
8. Messy Low Bun
Low buns are an essential and adorable style. All you have to do is be aware of the hair texture and messy curls.
- Step 1: Pull the entire length of hair back in a low and steady ponytail with an elastic that’s in keeping with your hair color.
- Step 2: Twist your ponytail around the elastic several times more. On the 3rd loop, stop halfway through.
- Step 3: The tail should now be higher than the elastic. Choose a small portion that is the length of your bottom. Wrap it over the elastic, and then pin it down to cover the elastic.
- Step 4: The tail’s relaxation is pinched to your head, then spread the ends.
9. Messy Side Bun
This fantastic hairstyle is suitable for wash-free, third or second-day hair. But, it works well with clean or wet hair.
- Step 1: Curl locks using a 1-inch curling iron. Then, sweep all your hair in one direction and concentrate the amount of hair on the sides and pinnacle. Lock all the hair to a ponytail face by using elastic.
- Step 2: Create an opening above the elastic. Then, pull the ponytail to the right and then through the hollow, then pull it until it is halfway through. Attach the bottom by using Bobby’s pins.
- Step 3: Keep pulling hair away over the ponytail to increase volume. The remaining ends should be drawn up in curls, then put in your low bun.
10. Missy Braid Bun
A Messy Braid Bun can make the wearer more feminine and fashionable all day long or night long.
Step 1: Comb the hair to untangle it. Part it as you usually do.
Step 2: Split your hair into segments. Make each section into a loose braid. It could be braided as a regular braid, the pull-via style, or simple twists. Any braid will work to create this style.
Step 3: Please make sure you align one braid to the hairline near around the neck’s nape until it stops reaching your ear on the opposite side. Make sure it is secured in the vicinity with pins. In case your hair grows long, tie the longer part of it inside the aligned section that is the hair. Repeat the same procedure braid with the second one.
Bad hair days happen to everyone, especially when we have long hair. We understand the struggle they bring. Knowing how to do a messy bun with long hair makes managing bad hair days simpler. We hope you find the tutorials in this article helpful in styling your long hair.